Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS – no physical resources will be shipped! This download is a ZIP FILE containing high quality images (300 dpi) in PNG format with transparent backgrounds.
This set touches on some of the incredibly rich and diverse characters included in Māori myth & legend!
These images are my personal & artistic interpretation of some amazing characters—they are by no means the only way in which they can be interpreted. Different iwi have different stories for many of these personalities. In some stories they are male, in others female and often with different powers or qualities. Have I missed someone that’s important to the area you live in? Are they portrayed differently in your local pūrākau/ancient legend? Please let me know! I’m happy to add in additional images to meet your needs.
This set contains 90 hand drawn images (45 colour and 45 blackline) as high quality (300 dpi) PNGs with transparent backgrounds.
- Tāne-mahuta – god of forests and birds
- Tūmatauenga – god of war
- Tangaroa – god of the sea
- Tāwhirimātea – god of weather
- Rongo-mā-Tāne – god of peace, tranquillity & cultivated foods
- Haumia-tiketike – god of wild or uncultivated food
- Hinemoana – Ocean personified
- Hineraukatauri – goddess of entertainment
- Hineteiwaiwa – goddess of child birth & weaving
- Ara Tiotio – god of whirlwinds and tornadoes
- Ārohirohi – goddess of mirages
- Auahitūroa – personification of comets
- Hine-nui-te-pō – goddess of night and death
- Ika-Roa – the fish that gave birth to all the stars in the Milky Way
- Ikatere – fish god
- Io Matua Kore – supreme being; personification of light, the world of the living & the forest
- Kahukura – war god
- Kiwa – guardian of the ocean
- Kui – Demigoddess who dwells underground
- Mahuika – fire goddess
- Makeatutara – guardian of the underworld
- Maru X 2 – god of fresh water & god of war
- Māui – demigod, adventurer & hero
- Papatūānuku – earth mother
- Pūhaorangi – celestial god
- Punga – ancestor of sharks, lizard, rays and all things ugly
- Ranginui – sky father
- Rehua – star god with the power of healing
- Rohe – goddess of the spirit world
- Ruaumoko – god of volcanoes, earthquakes and seasons
- Tama-nui-te-rā – personification of the sun
- Tane-rore – personification of shimmering air
- Tangotango – celestial goddess
- Tāwhaki – supernatural being associated with thunder and lightning
- Tinirau – guardian of fish
- Tū-te-wehiwehi – father of all reptiles
- Uenuku X 2– god of rainbows & war god
- Urutengangana – god of the light
- Whaitiri – personification of thunder
- Whiro – lord of darkness
*PLEASE NOTE: The images in this set have all been hand drawn and coloured, and because of this may contain quirks and unevenness in places – this is all part of their unique charm and character! As they are hand drawn, they may not be suitable for including in documents larger than A4/US Letter size. Please ask if you have further questions.
• Get creative with this set for your classroom or own personal use!
• Use them to create educational resources for sale (small commercial use)
• Use clip art within your blog, banners and promotional materials.
YOU MAY NOT:
• You may not alter, resell, share or distribute these ‘as is’ images in any form— they need to incorporated into your resource.
• Use these graphics for commercial teaching products or free items WITHOUT FIRST FLATTENING your documents in PDF form or protected in a way that they cannot be easily copied or extracted.
• When you purchase Green Grubby Graphics, you are not purchasing the copyright and you cannot claim them as your own.