Did you know that dragonflies are the world’s most deadly hunters? They catch 95% of the prey they target, which is twice as successful as a great white shark and more than 4 times better than a lion!
This 38 page fun and facts mini booklet contains a range of different activities to get your students enthused about this amazingly insect – mix and match your pages to best meet the needs of your class!
Included in this 38 page mini booklet are:
• Dragonfly life cycle sequencing activities
• A dragonfly can/has/is graphic organizer
• Facts about Dragonflies as hunters and predators (and also prey!)
• What do they eat and who eats them?
• Who is in the Odonata family? (what’s the difference between dragonflies and damselflies?)
• Odonata is Greek for ‘toothed one’ – can you see their mandibles under a magnifying glass?
• Did you know that scientists have found fossils of dragonflies that are over 300,000,000 years old?
• Dragonfly true or false questions (plus answers)
• Facts about dragonflies
• Use to string and ruler to measure out the world’s largest and smallest dragonfly/damselfly species (then stick the string into your booklet)
• A DRAGON-fly? Use these words to inspire a sketch of a new animal
• Compare and contrast a dragonfly to a dragon or a fly!
• A selection f blank dragonfly themed pages to record your thoughts and/or photos
• Label the parts of the dragonflies anatomy
• Dragonflies come in many colors – color the picture to match
• What habitats do dragonflies live in? Sketch your local dragonfly habitat
• Facts about dragonfly wings (use a magnifying glass and sketch)
• Did you know that dragonflies are one of the fastest insects in the world?
• Add the vowels to complete these dragonfly themed words
• Dragonfly facts in numbers (e.g. how many species are there? How fast can they fly?)
• Dragonfly themed words find
• A selection of dragonfly coloring pages
• Things to think about – dragonflies need fresh water. What can you do to improve your local water ways?
• Let’s go ‘oding’ (Oding is the act of dragonfly watching!)
• Dragonfly acrostic poem template
• 10 dragonfly challenges, e.g. create a 3D sculpture of a dragonfly; what are the common or local names for the dragonflies that live in your area?