Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.
Celebrate the new skills your tamariki have learnt (or are focusing on mastering) with these bright illustrated ‘school readiness’ labels, back-packs and kete!
Laminate the labels and use as a whole class display – “we are school ready! Check out our backpack/kete of skills!” Or children can colour their own back-pack/kete to add to the display.
Each label includes an “I can” statement in child speak and an illustration to provide extra scaffolding.
“I can” skills included in this pack:
• Put my bag away
• Pack and carry my own bag
• Listen carefully to stories
• Sit quietly on the mat
• Raise my hand to ask a question
• Follow instructions
• Sit and eat my food at break times
• Open my lunch box & food packets
• Open my own drink bottle
• Put on my shoes and jumper
• Collect my clothes
• Put my hat in the correct place
• Put my book bag away
• Blow my own nose
• Wash & dry my hands
• Use the toilet and flush
• Do up my own buttons and zips
• Be brave and try new things
• Be excited about starting school
• Be enthusiastic about my learning
• Recognise my name
• Recognise and name colours
• Hold scissors and cut things out
• Hold a pencil and enjoy colouring
• Blank labels also included
• Is there a skill missing that is important at your school? Let me know! I’m happy to add additional skills at no extra charge