This storytelling image resource celebrates one of our most well known and loved Māori legends – how Māui slowed the sun!
This set of illustrations can be used in a variety of ways – simply print, cut & laminate your set of pictures then:
• Glue small magnets on the back or attach blue tac. You can then move, add & layer the images on your white board as you retell the story with the kids! (*Simple storytelling card with suggested illustrations is also included)
• Add the illustrations to a wall display—the kids could make their own nets and ropes out of harakeke fibre
• You could create speech and thought bubbles to share what the characters in the story are experiencing
• Add the illustrations to your reading tumble! They could be used to support the retelling or acting out of this myth, to re-sequence the story or inspire some writing or art work
• The images included are designed to overlap and fit together as the story progresses.