Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.
Did you know that Kauri are among some of the largest and most long lived trees in the world?
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native tree! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Kauri ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A set of activity pages that explore some of the unique and important roles of the Kauri tree in our native bush. The completed pages are assembled to create a little freestanding display (would also look great hung with string so they can twirl in the breeze) or they can be stored flat and read like a little book.
• There is a selection of pages included – use as many as 8 or as few as 3!
• Themes covered include: space for making a bark and leaf rubbing of your Kauri; space for sketching the leaves, cones & fruits of this tree; share your learning about the measurements of these giant trees by adding numbers to the tree provided; add to the tree to show how many other creatures rely on this tree as a habitat/food source; research and share your learning about the historical uses for this tree; complete the fact file with the scientific name, age, height, trunk girth/diameter of the Kauri & where it’s commonly found
• This pack also includes a coloured Kauri tree fact file containing basic information about its common names, where it’s found, threats & historical use by Māori.
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Kauri themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique tree.
• A coloured Kauri picture card
• *The foldable activity come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how to assemble the pages