THE most iconic of all New Zealand’s birds! This resource celebrates the only kiwi species left in the wild on NZs North Island – the North Island Brown…
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Kiwi ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little North Island Brown Kiwi related fun facts and research tasks
• A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 challenges (e.g. Find out the exact measurements for a Brown Kiwi and its egg and create life sized drawings for both to compare their sizes) Can you find any mentions of this amazing bird in Māori myth or legend? This page cleverly folds to reveal the Bown Kiwi’s full name when the sheet is complete
• A template for a Kiwi paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
• A Kiwi fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Kiwi themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
• A coloured Kiwi picture card
• *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used