Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.
This set of 40 Matariki word wall labels are a great way to support and scaffold classroom conversations and writing around the topic of Māori New Year! Print, laminate and use as discussion starters or prompts on your whiteboard, or add to your wall displays by creating a word wall for easy reference.
This Matariki word wall labels pack includes:
• Large white font on coloured backgrounds, some labels also include smaller writing that shares additional supporting details for the key words and/or Māori/English translations
• All labels include appropriate illustrations to support our lower level readers to better understand the meanings
• Blank labels included for the kids to add their own words!
• This set includes a general heading (that can be used at the centre of your display) plus some questions prompts: How many of these words can you read? How do you and your family celebrate the New Year? What are your goals for the New Year?
• LABELS INCLUDE THE WORDS: Matariki, celebration, New Year, May/June, Pleiades, winter, moon, new moon, star, star gazing, binoculars, Puanga/Rigel, Papatūānuku, Ranginui, planting, harvest, goal setting, reflection, planning, whanau, whakapapa, Aotearoa, feast, manu tū/pākau/kite, Milky Way, mata riki, mata ariki, kaumatua, myth & legend, sunrise, party, star cluster & the individual names of each of the 9 recognised stars in the Matariki cluster.