Looking for a more engaging way to introduce, use and display the ever present WALTs for your reading groups?
This bright and engaging wall display is the perfect way to support your student’s retention of their reading goals! Assemble your beehives on the wall right next to the area where you take your reading groups, before adding your honey cell ‘Walts’ and child created bees – this makes for easy referral to the current Learning Intentions, and also for revisiting the skills already covered.
The LIs have been broken down into small ‘child speak’ WALTs to allow for targeted teaching and learning—perfect for PM reading levels 0-22 (Magenta through to Gold). Child speak WALTs for the Reading Progressions have also been included, which cover ‘by the end of years 4, 6 & 8’. This resource has been designed to complement the New Zealand curriculum, but the skills involved would work well for anyone learning to read!
Creating and assembling your group beehives and individual honey bees is a perfect ‘first week of school/term’ activity, and really helps your class to take ownership of their reading progress. The display also makes a memorable and child friendly reference during student lead conferences or parent interviews.
Included in this resource:
• Top tips for assembling your group beehives – suggested use, assemblage advice and examples of how the wall display could look
• A selection of display headings to place next to your beehives (“What’s the buzz with your reading?” & “We’re bzzzzzzzzzy reading!”
• Reading group banners for labeling group hives
• A selection of honey bee templates (children can design their own, or colour and decorate the outlines included) for placing around your group hives
• Blank honey-cell covers (for covering LI’s that are not yet a focus)
• 15 child speak WALTs for PM Emergent levels 0-2 (Magenta) in the shape of hexagonal honey-cells to include on your group hives
• 25 child speak WALTs for PM Early levels 3-14 (Red, Yellow, Blue & Green in the shape of hexagonal honey-cells to include on your group hives
• Child speak WALTs for PM Fluent levels 15-22 (Orange, Turquoise, Purple & Gold) in the shape of hexagonal honey-cells to include on your group hives
• Child speak WALTs for the Reading Progression indicators (‘at the end of Years 4, 6 & 8’) in the shape of hexagonal honey-cells to include on your group hives
• Blank WALT honey-cells so you can record your own specific WALTs, plus an editable file ***YOU WILL NEED PUBLISHER TO BE ABLE TO OPEN AND USE THE EDITABLE FILE***
Can’t see the specific WALT you’re looking for? Let me know – I’m happy to include more to meet your needs.
There are no reviews yet.