Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This is an A4 sized document formatted as a PDF.
The Tui’s name has been used for so many things over the years….. you’ve probably heard of the brewing company, but did you also know that the first women to serve overseas in WW2 were named the ‘Tuis?’ They worked in the canteens of the NZ forces clubs in Egypt.
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Tūī ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little Tūī related fun facts and research tasks
• A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 challenges (e.g. the Tūī is part of Meliphagidae or honeyeater family. What sorts of tree and plant nectars are their favourites? The Tui has an incredible vocal range—from squawks, clicks & whirrs to bell-like melodies! Head quietly outside to find & listen to a Tui. *Or find some recordings online to listen to if you’re unsuccessful! This page cleverly folds to reveal the Tūī’s full name when the sheet is complete.
• A template for a Tūī paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
• A Tūī fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Tūī themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
• A coloured Tūī picture card
• *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used