Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS – no physical resources will be shipped! This download is a ZIP FILE containing high quality images (300 dpi) in PNG format with transparent backgrounds.
Legend has it that Maui fished up the North Island of New Zealand while out in his boat (the South Island). Long after this creation story takes place, the famous Polynesian explorer Kupe discovers Aotearoa after an epic battle with a fleeing octopus! His companion Kuramārōtini is credited with the naming of our beautiful country after sighting land and calling out “Aotearoa” – land of the long white cloud…..
This set contains 53 images (26 colour and 27 blackline) as high quality (300 dpi) PNGs with transparent backgrounds.
*PLEASE NOTE: This set of images have all been hand drawn and coloured, and because of this may contain quirks and unevenness in places – this is all part of their unique charm and character! As they are hand drawn, they may not be suitable for including in documents larger than A4/US Letter size. Please ask if you have further questions.
• POLYNESIAN EXPLORER IMAGES:
• Maui with his fishing rope & magic jaw bone
• Outline of NZ plus a matching image of Maui’s fishing boat (as the South Island) and his big fish (as the North Island!)
• Kupe (Polynesian explorer & navigator and the first person to discover Aotearoa)
• Kuramārōtini (Kupe’s partner)
• Traditional Polynesian start chart
• Traditional Polynesian tide/current/ocean map
• Waka supplies: basket of kumara, yams & potatoes; basket of taro & coconuts; water gourds; live stock (chickens & kuri/Māori dogs)
• 6 different waka/vaka (plus an extra blank white one)
• EUROPEAN EXPLORER IMAGES:
• Abel Tasman (Dutch explorer & the first European to sight NZ in 1642)
• Captain James Cook (British explorer & first European to circumnavigate, map and land in NZ in 1769)
• Captain Cook’s ship ‘The Endeavour’
• Ship’s log
• Ship’s stores: barrels & crates of foods & drinks
• Get creative with this set for your classroom or own personal use!
• Use them to create educational resources for sale (small commercial use)
• Use clip art within your blog, banners and promotional materials.
YOU MAY NOT:
• You may not alter, resell, share or distribute these ‘as is’ images in any form— they need to incorporated into your resource.
• Use these graphics for commercial teaching products or free items WITHOUT FIRST FLATTENING your documents in PDF form or protected in a way that they cannot be easily copied or extracted.
• When you purchase Green Grubs Graphics, you are not purchasing the copyright and you cannot claim them as your own.