Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This is an A4 sized document formatted as a PDF.
Have you ever looked closely at an NZ $50 note? Well, this is the beautifully rare bird that features on one side!
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Kōkako ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little Kōkako related fun facts and research tasks
• A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 challenges (e.g. The Kōkako has a distinctive black mask! Can you think of any other creatures from around the world that also have a mask? Can you find any mentions of this amazing bird in Māori myth or legend? This page cleverly folds to reveal the Kōkako’s full name when the sheet is complete.
• A template for a Kōkako paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
• A Kōkako fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Kōkako themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
• A coloured Kōkako picture card
• *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used