Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This is an A4 sized document formatted as a PDF.
This rare & flightless bird was once thought to be extinct, but was dramatically rediscovered in 1948! It’s now a conservation icon…
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Takahē ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little Takahē related fun facts and research tasks
• A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 challenges (e.g. design and share a graph that shows the decline and then recovery of the Takahē population over time; Create an educational rap, poem, song or play that shares the incredible story of the Takahe’s rediscovery in 1948. This page cleverly folds to reveal the Takahē’s full name when the sheet is complete.
• A template for a Takahē paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
• A Takahē fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Takahē themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
• A coloured Takahē picture card
• *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used