This set of 42 Anzac Day word labels are a great way to support and scaffold classroom conversations and writing around the topic of Anzac Day! Print, laminate and use as discussion starters or prompts on your whiteboard, or add to your wall displays by creating a word wall for easy reference.
This Anzac Day word wall labels pack includes:
• Large white font on coloured backgrounds, some labels also include smaller writing that shares additional supporting details for the key words
• All labels include appropriate illustrations to support our lower level readers to better understand the meanings
• Blank labels included for the kids to add their own words!
• This set includes a general heading (that can be used at the centre of your display) plus some questions prompts: How many of these words can you read? Are there any you don’t understand? What’s your connection to Anzac Day? How do some of the things from the past still impact us today?
• LABELS INCLUDE THE WORDS: Anzac, 25th April, Australia, New Zealand, Gallipoli, Dawn Service/Dawn Parade, Army, Navy, Airforce, Nurses & Medics, Anzac Biscuits, Medals, Red Poppy, Rosemary, RSL & RSA, War Graves, Wreath, Bugle/Trumpet, Uniform, War & Peace, Cenotaphs, Veterans, Flanders Fields, History, National Anthem, The Ode, Battle, Commemorate, Digger (plus the qualities they embody: Endurance, Courage, Hardiness, Ingenuity, Good Humour & Mateship) Bravery, Respect, Grief, Remembrance, Honour, Anzac Day Sports & Gunfire Breakfast