Did you know that the endangered Kea is the world’s only alpine parrot? It is also one of the most intelligent birds in the world!
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Kea ‘make & do’ pack includes:
• A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little Kea related fun facts and research tasks
• A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 challenges (e.g. Write your own story or myth to explain why the Kea has bright orange feathers hidden underneath his wings; The Kea was once ‘killed for bounty.’ What does that mean & why were they killed? Kea are super smart & can solve puzzles that require logical thinking. Can you design a logic puzzle for a Kea? This page cleverly folds to reveal the Kea’s full name when the sheet is complete.
• A template for a Kea paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
• A Kea fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
• An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Kea themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
• A coloured Kea picture card
• *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used