Add some colour to your wall display with these interchangeable Māori months and seasons of the year – simply cut out and laminate before letting your students change the word cards for you!
This ngā marama o te tau (months of the year) pack includes:
- A selection of 31 numbered characters that show the exact days of the month (change your character daily to match the date!)
- Speech bubbles (for the characters) to support your class to ask: “Ko te aha tēnei marama?” – “What month is this?” (one in Māori with English translation, the other in Māori only)
- Season cards in Māori & English plus Māori only (summer, autumn, winter & spring)
- All cards are colour coded to show what season the months are part of (e.g. The summer months of December, January & February are all yellow, the autumn months of March, April & May are orange etc.)
- All month and season cards also include some small pictures to match any themes occurring in that month (e.g the Māori flag is shown on February because of Waitangi day; poppies on April because of Anzac day; Pohutukawa flowers on December etc.)
- Word cards that show the Modern Māori version of the months of the year: Kohitātea, Hui-tanguru, Poutū-te-rangi, Paenga-whāwhā, Haratua, Pipiri, Hōngongoi, Here-turi-kōkā, Mahuru, Whiringa-ā-nuku, Whiringa-ā-rangi & Hakihea. In both Māori with English translations, and Māori only.
- Word cards for the older version of the months of the year – Kupu arotau – loan words: Hanuere, Pēpuere, Maehe, Āperira, Mei, Hune, Hūrae, Ākuhata, Hepetema, Ōketopa, Noema & Tīhema. In both Māori with English Translations and M1aori only.